Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Are you kidding me....eeeeeekkkkkkk

So I talked to Jim again today, I left him a message to call me because I was wondering about what he found out about me filing without Trinity and wanted to tell him what Deb had said. We got to talking about Trinity's charge and he was going over the laws with me again and mentioned again that the class c felony is what makes us ineligible, and that sounded weird to me. I told him that I think Trinity was charged with a class D felony Not a C. He said that that is not what Iowa Courts online says but if that is what he was really charged with then that would be a good thing. He said that he thought something was weird because the class C felony carries a 10 year prison sentence and Trint was sentenced with 5 years suspended prison sentence, 4 or 5 years of probation, and a fine. I had Trint look at the court paperwork from the trial and he was originally charged with a class C but plead guilty to a class D to avoid the 10 year sentence. I called Jim back again tonight and told him it was for sure a class D, and he said that's good. He said it does not for sure mean that we are going to get approved to adopt but that at least we have a good chance. When I was at work today and he told me that if it was for sure a class D felony then it probably would not be a big deal and then Trint told me it was for sure a class D, I CRIED!!!!!!!!!! I feel like doors are opening up. Like things that I could not make happen are happening. Come on Jesus, continue opening doors, move on Cara's heart to let us have Gavin , I want to lavish all of my love on this little boy!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment