Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Felony Factor

Really quick, if you are reading this, you need to know the main players of this blog, so I am going to get it all out here and now so there is no confusion going forward....yeah right

Gavin=the little guy that Trint and I want to adopt
Cara=Gavin's mom
Deb=Gavin's grandma, Cara's mom
Tim=Gavin's grandpa
Amy=Cara's and my sister (Amy and I have diff birth dad's, Cara is amy's birth dad's other daughter)

So after talking to my friend Kari about Gavin and just telling her how wrapped up I am in emotions for him, she told me that I just need to talk to an attorney to see what steps I would need to take to get him, if it were possible. She just told me to tell the Lord OK I don't know if this is possible, but I am going to step out in faith and talk to this attorney, you close and open the doors. I called her friend James Rowe and spoke with him about the situation....he said that we could just flat out ask Gavin's parents if we could adopt him as long as we did not mention any exchange of goods, services or money for him. That was a relief....but then he mention Trinity's record. He mentioned that he he may have heard that Trinity had some sort of criminal record and I told him yes that he has a felony assault on his record. Jim looked it up as we were speaking and went through the adoption laws with me and pretty much told me that Trinity's Class C felony-willful injury made us ineligible to adopt. ugggggghhhhhhh!!!!! He told me that he would check into the possibility of me filing for adoption by myself. So that is where we are. This is possibly never going to happen. I am really anxious about this whole thing and hope there is some way that I can file alone and then we can take steps with Trint adopting him after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment