Thursday, July 1, 2010

Deb and I finally connect

Amy called me at work on Yesterday to tell me that she spoke with Deb to see about a time to meet up and Deb was going to get back with her. She said she asked her if she had messaged me on Facebook yet. Deb told her no, she told her that she does not know what to say to me. Amy told her that is the same way I feel. So after work I decided since we both just simply don't know what to say to each other that I was going to write her. I wrote this bit thing telling her how I feel and Trint and my story then decided that it may be too much for our first conversation, so I deleted it all and just:
Hi Deb
I know that we do not know each other and neither of us really know what to say, but I just wanted to at least say hi. Amy told me that she talked to you today about maybe us meeting this weekend in GI since we will be home. There is no pressure to meet us, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything! I just kind of wanted to get with you to see how you feel about all of this, and so you could meet us and sort of see what we are about. I thought maybe we could just meet at a park or something, as we will have the dogs, then Gavin could play and swing and we could chat. Anyways if that is something you want to or are willing to do you can either respond to this message or call me or let Amy know.
Sincerely
Tracy
Much to my surprise she wrote me back fifteen minutes later and said:
Hi Tracy
Thanks for the message, I would love to meet with you guys but I'll have to see what's going on this weekend first. I'll be in touch with you some how. I looked at your photo's and was so impressed with your mission to Africa...it truly touched my heart, it says a lot about both of you, just wanted you to know that. I'll get a hold of you soon. Take care!
Well needless to say, her and I exchanged messages for the next 3 hours, she said that she noticed that I am friends with Keith Buswell on Facebook and that he is her step son. That is so CRAZY!!!! He is one of my really good friends from high school!!!! Like we were together a lot!!! I have known him since 4th grade!!! I am totally tripping out right now!!! It is such a small world! She told me that she would check out her plans and let me know a time we could meet up. Can you say HAPPY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment