Thursday, July 29, 2010

The last week

Well hey there, long time no blog ;) Blogging is not really easy with a 3 1/2 year old running your house ;) Actually I don't even try, I would much rather spend time with him, so now I am up at 6:30 on my day off cause he sleeps till like 9 or 10 and now I can get some stuff written down. We have had him for a week now and it has been great. I am going to fit a weeks worth of stuff in this blog so it may be lengthy but will be good. Let me say first off that we have had him about a week and have spend buku bucks already. hahahaha go figure. He is all stocked up on toys, Trint wanted to buy him new clothes, pretty much anything the kid wants he gets. Now I am trying to find a car bed for him so I can do his room. Lets see here, he is so stinkin sweet you can't help but just grin at him. We have had naughty spells, believe me it has not all been a bed of roses, but we are setting boundaries and learning what he reacts well too. He does good with counting to 3 and if we make it to 3 and he has not stopped he get a time out. Usually only take a 1 count. He has made friends already. He stays with Jacob during the day cause Robin is watching him for me while I am at work and they get along really well. He met Tuckie and Hunter the other day and they both really liked him, he had to sit between them at dinner cause they both wanted to sit by him. He met Gunner and they got along really well too. Isaac and Beth came over last night and Brought the girls and he was amazing with them, I can see him and Sophia getting into trouble together, he would do something and she would explain it away for him ;) Hopefully this weekend he can meet Rachel and they will be friends. He has had a busy week, lots of swimming, sprinklers, shopping, and meeting new friends. Today I am taking him to the rocket ship (his term, actually my office building in downtown des moines, it is the tallest building in DM and he thinks its a rocket ship ;)) The dogs are still getting used to him, he does not know how to be gentle cause at grandmas he has a big dog that he can rough house with, so the boys get mad at him a lot. hahahahahaha. We have quite a few times during the day when he has naughty spells, when you can just tell that no matter the consequence, he just wants to be naughty. We have to shut him down right away or it gets worse. We also think he is hyper sensitive to sugar cause he tends to get crazy and naughty right after candy or juice. Looks like I have to find snacks and drinks that are sugar free.
Um did I mention that he sleeps in till like 9 or 10. We don't actually know when because we have had to wake him up at 9 to go to church.....um....hello....could the Lord have picked a better kid for me, mrs loves to sleep in? 9 or 10 for a 3 year old are you kidding me. THANK YOU JESUS. I am going to get all our pics from this week uploaded soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment