Sunday, July 18, 2010

The BIG Meeting

Well Trint and I just got home from Grand Island, again.....this is becoming a regular trip for us. We had to leave his bike there over the 4th cause it was storming when we were gonna come home so we went this weekend to pick it up. Last week I decided to write Deb and let her know that we would be coming to town in case she wanted to meet up or something. Well she responded with a "yes", YEAH!!!!!! She invited us and the pups over to her house Saturday night. I have been really excited for this, not only to meet her so we can exchange thoughts on this whole situation but also to see Little man Gavin ;) So we anxiously awaited 7 pm Saturday night and went over there. It was great, we chatted and got to know each other, and Gavin remembered us. We did not however talk at all about us adopting Gavin. It was a little weird but it was still a really nice visit. Now the boys (Joey and Stuie) were not their normal selves. Stuie is normally the one who we can depend on to be good with kids and play nice and Joey is the one we always have to watch to make sure he doesn't throw a mini fit and pretend to bite someone. Well Deb and Tim have a bigger dog so that automatically threw Stuie off his game. He was a mad man!!! He was growling the whole time and anytime Gavin would try to pet him he would snarl and go for his hand. Joey on the other hand, the one who hates kids and avoids them at any cost was being such a sweetie!!! He would let Gavin pet him (and he was not real gentle as most 3 1/2 yr old boys aren't) and would just sit there and take it. Gavin grabbed his ear and just held it while he was watching tv, held it like he was holding my finger or something for minutes and Joey didn't try once to get away from him, it was precious. Well I got the idea that Gavin could bribe Stuie to like him by giving him some snacks. An entire bag of beggin strips later I think Stuie decided that he was ok ;) He was still a little growley but it was good. Gavin would look at Joey and say "Joey good", then look at stuie and say "he naunie" it was funny. Gavin did kick Joey once but all in all it was a good night for Gav and Jo. Now on to Gavin......OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH He is so stinking sweet. Seeing him and how cute he is and how sweet he is just solidified again in my heart how much I want him!! Tim told us he is a natural athlete, which tugged Trint's heart strings. He said he took Gavin to a track and he ran an entire lap without stopping once, that's nuts!!! A 3 year old ran a quarter of a mile without stopping, and they said he was fast. He hugged us when we went to leave and I almost cried, I didn't want to leave without him :'(
Lord I ask that your will, not mine or Deb's or Cara's or Amy's would, would be done. You know what is best for Gavin, so open and close doors so that he can be right where you want him. So that he can grow up happy and loved and fulfilled and be the man that you have created him to be. And Lord I know you know what is best for me, so please let your will be done in my life also. Lord I am begging you, please let me have Gavin!!!! But since I am praying for your will, there is always a chance that he is not supposed to be with us ( I hope not but...) and if that how this is going to go down, I need you right now in this very hour to start preparing my heart for that, because if you don't I know I will not come out of this on the up side. Thinking about it makes me sick. It could literally be my demise. I have literally every emotion I possess wrapped up in and around him. But no matter how I feel, deep down in my heart of hearts, I just want what is best for him, even if that is not us (although I don't honestly see how we are not ;) )
OK so now I am going to get our home study started and we will see where we need to go from here.
Oh yeah one more thing. My sister talked to Deb today and she said that Deb told her that Gavin woke up this morning and was either asking for us or about us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment