Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dreams do come true

I woke up yesterday morning with this overwhelming feeling that I needed to back my heart off this situation because I felt like I was going to get hurt. Neither my sister or I had heard from Deb and I felt like maybe Cara was going to start doing right by Gavin and I was not going to get him. I was crying because my heart hurts so bad in not knowing how this is going to turn out. I absolutely cannot turn off my feeling for Gavin, I am already to far along in this process. I felt in that moment like if I can't have Gavin, I don't know that I want to try to adopt another child. I don't just want any child, I want him. I told my sister that and told her that she needed to talk to Deb when she got there to drop Gavin off cause I cannot go on if they are changing their minds about letting us adopt him. Well Amy called me a couple hours later and asked if we wanted to take Gavin for 2 weeks. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah duh!!! I was frantic like what is going on. She told me that Tim and Deb told her that they want us to have him, they know it is what is best for him and tey told Cara that morning that she needed to call Brian and tell him what is going on. Cara packed all of her stuff and is moving away. She knows that she cannot provide the life for Gavin that he deserves and so as long as we do not cut her completely out of his life she is willing to let us adopt him. Tim and Deb are such good grandparents. I cannot imagine how they feel trying to make a decision like this. They love him so much and want what is best for him and know that he needs young parents. I know this is not easy but I think it helps that we are all connected. Tim then called me at work and I could not talk so I was crawling out of my skin the last couple of hours at work. I could not wait to get oof work and hear what he had to say. We connected later that night and we had a great talk. He told me that they really like us and know that we will be great parents for Gavin. He said when we went there last weekend and he actually saw us with him, he knew that they are making the right decision. He said they want him to get aclimated to us and so we are taknig him for 2 weeks and he said that after that if we are all ready to move forward they will start the legal process. I was crying and shaking and so excited I could barely contain myself. Trint was running around the house jumping in the air kicking his heels together :) We started talking about furnishing his bedroom and getting him toys and a pool and a bike. This is going to be one spoiled boy!!!!! We takled to Amy and Trint was going to go pick him up on Friday after work. Well we decided we could not wait that long so Trint took thursday and Friday off work and left at 10 am this morning to go get him :) I can't believe I am at work, I am not getting anything accomplished, I am worthless here. I told Trint he needs to bring him straight to my work when he gets in town. I announced to my office and emailed pics of him to everyone. We have the absolute most amazing friends and family!!!!! There are so many people who are jsut as wrapped up in this as we are. People are already telling us they want to be his godparent and they alll want to meet him right when he gets to town ;) Thank You Amy, Danny & Robin, Andy & Kari, Brian & Amanda, Matt & Laura, Ashley, Chad, Natter, Rowe's, Schroeders (all of you), Pike's, Seitz's, Tonja, Mom & Randy, Dad & Janice, Geri, Stephannie, Leah & Anthony, Carri, Terra, Jill, Judy, Shannon, Susie, all the girls at RHI WDM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys will never know how much it means to us that you have been praying for us. I love you ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much Tim and Deb for giving us the opportunity to raise your grandson, I promise you with every ounce of me that you will not regret this decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment